Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Redemption

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live..." This means more than just submitting to God and sacrificing things in your life that would compromise your walk with God. Fully giving your life to God and letting Him have complete control over every action and ever thought that goes on. The word "crucified" means to put to death, to subdue. Putting to death the childish and immature things you used to do in your old life "...I no longer live" and putting on the new man created in and with Christ "...Christ lives in me." Your walk with God is a moment by moment process. Constantly praying, reading and studying your bible, and repentance.
The literal definition of faith is the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved. Fully trusting in God and His word even though trials and hardships arise we still have that reassurance that God is still with us. "...I will never leave you, nor forsake you."Hebrews 13:5 God gave His Son for us. As J.D. Hatfield says, " If you were the only sinner on Earth, Jesus Christ would of still died for you." Do not fall away from God, He still has you in His hands, not letting go. Though times seem hard and the days short God has everything worked out in accordance with His will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, I got to be the first one to comment on your new blog. I found the address this morning when I was commenting on JD's blog.

Great first post!
Just want you to know I am encouraged and proud of the recent progress you have made. Keep growing and loving Jesus :-)

Dan said...

Good post Sean. I look forward to watching you grow in the Lord. It will not always be easy, it may never be easy. But HE IS WORTH IT. I love you,
Dad

JoAnn Keenan said...

Hi Sean,

Your Mom sent me your address, and I appreciate getting it.

I'm sure you will make the right decisions in whichever direction your life goes.

Love,

Great-Granny Keenan

MrsEvenSo... said...

Amen!